File:Doubs Mill Built in 1812.jpg

From Brunswick MD History
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Doubs_Mill_Built_in_1812.jpg(720 × 486 pixels, file size: 128 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

Summary

This is the old mill in Doubs that was recently demolished. Built in 1812 by Charles Carroll, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, the mill site was within the 17,000 acre wilderness tract called Carrollton Manor. In 1821, Carroll deeded the site to Sarah Ann Hoffman. Subsequent owners were named Doub, Copeland and Smith. The mill ceased operations in 1968.

(Photo courtesy of Phil Lowery; Photography by Walker R. Smith of Doub

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current16:43, 19 December 2019Thumbnail for version as of 16:43, 19 December 2019720 × 486 (128 KB)HistoryCommission2 (talk | contribs)This is the old mill in Doubs that was recently demolished. Built in 1812 by Charles Carroll, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, the mill site was within the 17,000 acre wilderness tract called Carrollton Manor. In 1821, Carroll dee...

There are no pages that use this file.