Difference between revisions of "File:Potomac Furniture at 310 West Potomac Street.jpg"

From Brunswick MD History
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(The former Home of Potomac Furniture at 310 West Potomac Street is an apartment building today. This photo appears to have been taken in the early years of the business. According to the "Images of America" book on Brunswick by Mary Rubin, a furniture store was first opened here in 1913 by Theodore Siehler, who owned the business until his death in 1981. His daughter, Joann Siehler Durst closed the store in 1984. George Bennett, whose wife Doris taught 5th grade at BES, was the longtime mana...)
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 15:28, 29 June 2020

Summary

The former Home of Potomac Furniture at 310 West Potomac Street is an apartment building today. This photo appears to have been taken in the early years of the business.

According to the "Images of America" book on Brunswick by Mary Rubin, a furniture store was first opened here in 1913 by Theodore Siehler, who owned the business until his death in 1981. His daughter, Joann Siehler Durst closed the store in 1984. George Bennett, whose wife Doris taught 5th grade at BES, was the longtime manager.

When the store opened, Polan Katz ran an umbrella factory on the second floor that employed 40 people.

For years, Brunswick families could buy brand-name furniture in Brunswick from Potomac Furniture here or from Harry Mace just a block away.

(Photo courtesy of the City of Brunswick, MD History Commission

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current15:28, 29 June 2020Thumbnail for version as of 15:28, 29 June 2020782 × 1,042 (374 KB)Jknight (talk | contribs)The former Home of Potomac Furniture at 310 West Potomac Street is an apartment building today. This photo appears to have been taken in the early years of the business. According to the "Images of America" book on Brunswick by Mary Rubin, a furniture store was first opened here in 1913 by Theodore Siehler, who owned the business until his death in 1981. His daughter, Joann Siehler Durst closed the store in 1984. George Bennett, whose wife Doris taught 5th grade at BES, was the longtime mana...

There are no pages that use this file.

Metadata