Difference between revisions of "File:S.W. George & Co Hardware on the southwest corner of West Potomac Street and Delaware Avenue.jpg"

From Brunswick MD History
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Inside S.W. George & Co hardware at its then new location on the southwest corner of W. Potomac Street and Delaware Avenue. According to Robin Heaton, who owns the original, the photo was taken in 1910. The business opened in 1907 and was owned by 3 generations of the George family for 66 years. From left are Harry George Sr, his father Samuel W. George and Sydnor Bennett. Note the horse collars hanging on the upper right and the coal-fired heating stoves on the right side of the floor. Ac...)
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 15:32, 29 June 2020

Summary

Inside S.W. George & Co hardware at its then new location on the southwest corner of W. Potomac Street and Delaware Avenue. According to Robin Heaton, who owns the original, the photo was taken in 1910. The business opened in 1907 and was owned by 3 generations of the George family for 66 years. From left are Harry George Sr, his father Samuel W. George and Sydnor Bennett. Note the horse collars hanging on the upper right and the coal-fired heating stoves on the right side of the floor. According to Donna Lyn Phillips, these were from "Tip-Top Oak, Southern Stove Wks", located in Richmond, Virginia. It was established in 1882. Those stoves might have been manufactured there, anywhere from 1908 to 1914." See also the mailboxes. The business and building were sold by Harry George Jr to Leroy Strawsburg and Melvin Taylor in 1973 when it became Brunswick Hardware. It's still in the Strawsburg family today. (Photo courtesy of Randy George)

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current15:32, 29 June 2020Thumbnail for version as of 15:32, 29 June 2020720 × 960 (67 KB)Jknight (talk | contribs)Inside S.W. George & Co hardware at its then new location on the southwest corner of W. Potomac Street and Delaware Avenue. According to Robin Heaton, who owns the original, the photo was taken in 1910. The business opened in 1907 and was owned by 3 generations of the George family for 66 years. From left are Harry George Sr, his father Samuel W. George and Sydnor Bennett. Note the horse collars hanging on the upper right and the coal-fired heating stoves on the right side of the floor. Ac...

There are no pages that use this file.

Metadata